Tuesday 31 January 2012

TAG TUESDAY- LACE




For this week’s Lace Tag I have made a tag to match a Christening gown I made as part of a City & Guilds course, I live in the hope that one day I may be blessed with  Grandchildren to wear it!
I have used the same white cotton lawn and lace as for the gown.  On one side I have embroidered the words ‘for little Angels’ with a border of lace. The embroidery doesn't show up very well in the photo. 

On the other side I have made the same border and included the words of an old Apache Blessing:
"May the sun bring you new energy by day,
May the moon softly restore you by night,
May the rain wash away your worries
And the breeze blow new strength into your being,
And all of the days of your life may you walk
Gently through the world and know its beauty."
LACE and BUTTONS
This tag is made using  antique LACE  and  Mother of Pearl buttons all sewn onto a tag covered with antique silk.  I have attached the tiny tag I made for last week’s VINTAGE theme, because I have misplaced it three times this week as it is so tiny!  This way I know that six of my precious buttons are all safe together in one place, and they go really well with the tiny circles on the lace.
Best wishes
Jane xx
I have started making a book to keep all my tags in.   I have used pelmet vylene and folded a pocket at the bottom edge, I have covered the pages with  leftover photos and the voile I used on some of my tags; stitching up the sides and down the centre to secure the pocket.  This is just a first draft of the idea, and I can see Im going to need more pages, maybe one double page for each couple of weeks. 
they will then be sewn onto a binding.  I didn’t want to stick the tags in a book as most of my tags are double-sided and its nice to take them out of the pockets to take a closer look. I might have to split the book into seasons if it gets too big!

Have a lovely week
Jane xx

3 comments:

  1. I just found you through Tag Tuesday as I'm also taking part. Your tags are so pretty and delicate. I love the way this one has such meaning and beautiful words, being linked with the christening gown.
    Happy tag-making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put mine in a book as well Jane. It will e nice to look back on at the end of the year.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, I've tracked you through Tag Tuesday and I'm inspired by what you create. Such beautiful and delicate work. The christening gown is very beautiful and the lace on the tag is so fine. I have an old notebook I'm going to use to put my tags in but haven't decided what to make the pockets with yet. Mo :0)

    ReplyDelete