Tuesday 7 February 2012

TAG TUESDAY - HEARTS



HEART OF DAISIES
I think I must be yearning for Spring.Even though Nature hasn’t provided the real thing yet, I thought a heart of daisies would bring some early Spring colour to a dull February, rather than the traditional red/pink that comes to mind when you think of hearts and valentines.  I am planning for daisies to be a bit of a recurrent feature throughout the February themes.
For this tag I have used scrapbook paper for the grass and made daisies using a paper punch.  I have sewn a yellow bead to the centre of each daisy. The tassel at the top is made with ribbon and coordinating threads, and I have made a beaded fringe at the bottom.
It has been a real treat to be in such creative company with the Tag Tuesday group. 
Have a lovely week,
Jane xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, fresh and definately a spring feeling to this tag. I like your idea of the daisy theme throughout February.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacky, I saw my first daisy of the year on the grass yesterday, so Spring must be just around the corner. I've chosen a poem about daisies for next week's tag, too.
      Jane xx

      Delete
  2. I love daisies and these are just great, you have matched them up so evenly to make the heart, it's so good. The fringe is lovely too. You are as creative as anyone on the Tag Tuesday site. :0))

    ReplyDelete