Wednesday 25 January 2012

TAG TUESDAY - VINTAGE



This has been such a lovely week for me, so many beautiful tags to look at each day, plus the opportunity to play with  all my vintage bits ‘n’ bobs.  For this weeks Vintage Tag challenge,  I have been sorting out my old buttons collection.   I did have a mixed bag of old vest buttons  in varying conditions and sizes, but now I have four neat tags of buttons which makes them much easier to see and appreciate.  The nicer buttons were  sewn onto copies of ‘The Lady Card of Buttons’.   The older, tattier  ones were sewn onto plain manila tags.  I included even those in bad condition because they show the inside of the buttons.    I stained the ribbon and string  ties with tea for an antique look. I think they make  a nice addition to my other buttons – I’m going to frame them.
Have a good week
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment