Wednesday 10 October 2012

TAG TUESDAY - CLOCKS




This week, with the wind and rain, and the evenings beginning to draw in, it seems like autumn is here already.  Although it is still a few weeks away, I have based my tag on the end of British Summer-time, when the clocks go back an hour.
I have used the same autumnal tie-dyed fabric as last week to cover the front and back of my tag. Next I embossed it with a Union Jack.   I picked out the crosses and triangles with glitter paint to make the design a bit clearer and add a bit of sparkle.
I used gold glitter for the summer side of the tag and embellished it with golden daisies and sequins; the time on the clock face is set at 6 o’clock because at the moment we can still be blessed with sunshine at that time of day if the weather is favourable.
On the top of the tag there is a corner from my diary showing the date that the clocks go back. I have written “End of British Summer Time” in gold.  The tag is finished with a simple gold tie.

The other side of the tag is embellished with autumnal leaves and darker tones. The Union Jack is painted with brown glitter. The time on the clock face is set at 5 o’clock, because after the clocks go back it will be dark by that time of day, whatever the weather.

Bye for now,
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment