Tuesday 18 September 2012

TAG TUESDAY - AUTUMN OWL




 
  I  love autumn and working with warm autumnal colours, so for this week’s theme of OWLS, I knew exactly where to start.  Last year I tie-dyed some fabric as the base for an Autumnal textile panel.  I used a leftover scrap of this to cover the front and back of my tag, leaving the edges frayed.
Next I painted on the outline of an owl with gold glitter paint, adding a bit of detail for feathers.  (I used Pebeo glitter touch 3D paint)  Behind the owl I drew an oval hollow and filled it in with black marker pen.
Next I attached two die-cut leaves, touched up with brown glitter paint.
For his beak and eyes I sewed on beads and sequins.
To echo the owls golden eyes I have threaded two beaded rings onto the bottom of the tag.  I used ring-size memory wire for these. The tag is finished with a simple gold thread.

 This shot shows the tie-dye colours on the back of the tag.
Here is the front of the tag on a plainer background:
 

 
  The raspberry wine is looking good!  Apple and blackberry wine now too! Cheers!
Bye for now,  Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment