Wednesday 10 October 2012

TAG TUESDAY - RAINY DAY

Rainy Day


Well, it’s definitely a rainy day in Bournemouth today!! As I made this week’s tag I was thinking of my two lovely daughters and the time we went to Oxford Street in June, a couple of years ago, for some shopping.     It was hot and humid and the girls were wearing flip flops and Summer clothes.  Suddenly, while we were in-between shops, the heavens opened and we were caught in a really heavy thunder storm.  Rosie had a big yellow umbrella and together the two teenagers danced arm in arm up Oxford Street,  singing and dancing in the rain.   It was all I could do to keep up with the yellow umbrella!  They really brightened up London that day, putting a smile on the faces of shoppers coming the other way!!
I started my rainy day tag by making some tag size silk paper with silk throwsters,  colour – 'storm clouds'.  
 To this I stitched on some antique glass bugle beads and other clear beads and sequins using Madeira 'Rainbow' metallic thread.   

I tried to keep the beads all going the same direction whilst at the same time keeping the threads on the back vertical.
Next I wrote on some vellum with black ink: “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,   it’s about learning to Dance in the Rain”.  This was then trimmed to tag size.  The tags are joined together with a silver satin ribbon.
 
Take Care, and bye for now,
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment