Wednesday 4 July 2012

TAG TUESDAY - SEASIDE

Happy holidays everyone! Happy 4th July to all those on the other side of the ocean!
For this tag I was inspired by words that evoke the unspoilt seaside.  These words were written on some blue and gold swirly fabric with white acrylic using my tiny flat paintbrush and a dip pen.  On the bottom of the tag I have tried to get the effect of surf on the shore with some silver and blue ric-rac,  needle-felted in place with some curly silk throwsters .  There is more needle-felted surf at the top.  
On the other side,  I have covered the tag with strips of frayed organza in blue and green.  On the bottom is more needle-felted silk and a few sea shells.  The tag is finished with a swirly, glittery organza ribbon.

For my other tag I made some seaside inchies with shells and some sparkly charms. The one on the bottom right might be a parasol, but with the current weather here in Bournemouth, an umbrella is more appropriate! and its far too cold for ice-cream! What's happening to our Seasons?  
This was the view from the beach hut at Fishermans Walk on 6 March; I suspect its not so bright today!

Bye for now
Jane xx

No comments:

2 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful Jane. I've just popped over from Tag Tuesday to ask whether you mind if I copy these pictures to print off for my inspiration wall? It's ok if you'd rather I didn't :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Jane it's hard to think about a sunny seaside when we are having a deluge but you did a great job anyway.

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete