Wednesday 18 July 2012

TAG TUESDAY- SEA BIRDS



Seagulls always seem to be getting a bad press with their reputation for scavenging, etc.
For the  SEABIRDS theme I decided to base my tag on a seagull with a difference - Jonathan Livingston Seagull, from the story by Richard Bach.  I love this book and it was great to read it again before making my tag.
For this gull, it was not eating that mattered, but flight.  More than anything else Jonathan Livingston Seagull loved to fly.  Flight for the joy of flying.
To make the tag, I photocopied a silhouette photo from the back of the book onto some cloudy sky paper.  Then I wrote a small excerpt from the book using silver ink. 
Jonathan held in thought an image of the great gull-flocks on the shore of another time, and he knew with practised ease that he was not bone and feather but a perfect idea of freedom and flight, limited by nothing at all.

 The tag is finished with some blue ric-rac at the bottom,  white and grey threads for a tie with a small seagull feather.

I had trouble taking a photo that showed the true colour of the tag.   This photo of the tag taken before it was finished shows the actual colour a bit better.

Thanks for looking, Bye for now
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment