Wednesday 27 June 2012

TAG TUESDAY - BUNTING

tags for May

I should have published this post at the end of May, Sorry ...better late than never!
For some reason I got carried away on a Beatrix Potter theme during the month of May.  I couldn’t think of a story that included bunting, but I did find this - the frontispiece from The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies - first edition (1909).   This presentation book was inscribed by Potter with: "for Lizzie Airey from Miss Potter Third book about the rabbits - April 27. 12". (just over 100 years ago).  Sounds like a good reason to celebrate with some bunting!
I used the same patchwork print fabric as for 2 of my other May tags, stitched onto buckram, then stuck on the inscription.  Made bunting from pink satin stitched onto pink thread, with pink ric-rac for a tie.
From the beginning of Tag Tuesday I have been making a stitched book to keep my tags together.  I wanted a flexible design to allow for tags of different sizes; also some are much thicker than others; some will not fit in a book at all. My gardening tags are at the allotment, so I have stuck in a photo.  Each double page has a folded pocket at the bottom and is stitched on one side to the previous page.  The book measures 10” square and is made to fit a cardboard craft box.  The box is big enough for one more month, then I will start another book for July to December.

   Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. All your tags are so vEry pretty! And I really like the idea you came up with for storing them. I have yet to collate mine in any way, they are currently stuck on the edge of a shelve with blue tack. Although it's nice to see them all the time, they are beginning to bend a little in the middle, so I'd best move along and do something with them before my work is for naught and they get ruined. I MUst make time to do that, sOOn!
    Thank you for sharing your work it is a pleasure to see :0)

    ReplyDelete