Wednesday 25 April 2012

TAG TUESDAY - PURPLE









 Purple is my favourite colour, so there was no shortage of ideas for this week’s tags. In the end my main tag was made mostly from bits and pieces found on my table, although I dyed a few white flowers with silk paint. I used paper flowers, ribbon roses, textile daisies, a silk carrier rod, purple tape measure, embroidery thread bobbins, a button, and a butterfly.  They were all mounted onto a tag of lilac silk  backed onto felt.

This set of tags started as the result of experimenting with water misting to make mono prints .  I also made tags using some other watercolour effects that were in my sketchbook, including bubble printing, sponging, using  masking fluid and  cling film.  They are all tied together with ribbon so I can add more samples to them to make a little book of watercolour techniques.
SPONGING 

USING CLING FILM  - place crinkled cling film on watercolour and leave to dry

WATER MISTING - paint onto a rubber stamp, spray with water before printing onto paper



BUBBLE PRINTING
USING MASKING FLUID Thanks for looking, Jane xx         

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I remember these lovelies from Tag Tuesday blog - this was my first week and your purple tape gave me inspiration for my sewing tag. Thank you :0)

    ReplyDelete