Tuesday 1 May 2012

TAG TUESDAY - SEWING




Hello All
For my SEWING tag I used a quote about friendship being like a patchwork quilt Author Unknown.  It is photographed here with a postcard of Beatrix Potter's 'Tailor of Gloucester':
 I made the tag by covering some buckram with printed patchwork fabric, then embroidered ‘friendship’ on the top using backstitch. I wrote out the rest of the quote using matching pink watercolour and a dip pen.  I wanted as much patchwork fabric to show as possible so I cut away the excess paper and added some ric rac.
I have sent this tag to my friend of 24 years, for her birthday which is today; so if you’re looking Jacinta, ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY!’
Wishing you all a creative week, Jane xx

2 comments:

  1. What a truly lovely Friendship Tag. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet! Lucky friend to receive this. Hope she had a lovely day. :0)

    ReplyDelete