Wednesday 11 April 2012

TAG TUESDAY - SPRING CLEANING?





I have a confession to make, I haven’t done any housework for nearly fifteen years!  In 1997 I had a brain haemorrhage and have been a wheelchair user ever since.  I would like to dedicate my tags this week to all the carers I have had in that time who have done my housework and Spring cleaning for me! And so much more! It is thanks to their support that I am able to take part in Tag Tuesday. I feel really blessed in being able to be creative. I do not feel disabled at all.
For my first tag my ‘inner child’ took over!  I made some bubble prints on watercolour paper by blowing through a straw into a jar of purple watercolour and washing-up liquid solution.  The teddy on the washing line image was on the back of a birthday card. There are a few daisies here and there but I didn’t want to cover the delicate bubble print paper too much.  Above the teddy picture, I have written a simple THANK YOU x 
The second tag is a vintage image from an old card.  The caption reads ’Gladys wasn’t going to ruin her kitten heels for anyone!’ she covers her shoes whilst mopping the floor.  I mounted this onto some card with a 50’s style design, and a co-ordinating tie to finish.
Here are both tags together backed by a lino print of a spider’s web.

Have a great week, love Jane xx

4 comments:

  1. That tag showing the lady with her shoes covered while she mops the floor!!So funny.Glad you liked my silly tags.I found it tricky to find things at first, then I found loads!I loved that peg bouquet too!!
    I am doing "silly hats" tags next. Graphics Fairy had some pics of men in very silly hats.I am going to do a whole stack of them just for fun!!

    Oh PLEASE don't have word verification on there.I find it so hard to read, and it really puts people off commenting Julia recommends removing it on her Tag Tues site.
    Many thanks
    Judy 22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, glad you liked Gladys in her kitten heels.
      Men in silly hats sounds like a laugh, keep me posted!
      Point taken about word recognition, that gets on my nerves too!

      Delete
  2. The wee teddy is so cute and I like the card you used to back Mrs Mopp :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coloured leaves is a 1950s fabric design off the internet. Jane xx

      Delete