Thursday 1 March 2012

TAG TUESDAY BOOKS



For this week’s tag I have made a tiny tag book.
The inside is made from one long strip of painted watercolour paper, folded concertina fashion to make the pages of my tiny book (it measures   8 x 7cm).
The cover is made from green felt embellished with ribbon, lace, scraps of fabric, and rows of machine stitching and couched threads.
Continuing on my Daisy obsession of previous weeks, I have stitched on rows of daisy cord .  The book is fastened with a loop of embroidery thread around a vintage daisy button and made use of my daisy paper punch.
On the 4 pages inside the book I have printed a few special phrases about love and life. (authors unknown).
To Love and Be Loved is
The Greatest Joy on earth.

Infinite  Love is the only Truth
Everything else is Illusion.

You are a Spiritual Being
having a Human Experience.

Somewhere along the line, we forgot
how Divine and Special we are.

I have cut out daisies on the printed inserts so that the background colour shows through.
The tag is finished off with yellow thread and ribbon, gold beads, a butterfly charm and a flower bead.
I’m glad I had a bit of a thing for daisies during February, but I’m pleased to see the new themes for March.  I love Spring; it’s my favourite season.
Lots of love
Jane xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful little book tag Jane. Your ideas are great!
    I did do a book Tag (I posted it to my blog on Tuesday) but it was more a bookmark as I wasnt sure if I was going to get time to do a propper tag. However I finished my proper one tonight and will post it tomorrow when I can get a picture of it in daylight. Thanks for your lovely comments about my blog.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your blog title is Spot on! How cool is this! You are soo clever :D
    Can I ask please, what are couched threads? :0)

    ReplyDelete