Wednesday 28 November 2012

MUSIC TAG




On Tag  Tuesday we have now nearly gone through all the seasons, so it seemed appropriate for this week’s MUSIC theme to choose Vivaldi’s ‘The Four Seasons’ for my tag. 
In 2010 I went to see ‘The Four Seasons By Candlelight’ performed by The Mozart Festival Orchestra.  They captivate the audience as much with their traditional 18th Century costumes as with their wonderful music.  I love all those wigs, lacy cuffs, velvet tail coats and breeches adorned with braid and lace.  I used a photo of the orchestra on one side of my tag.
On the other side is the title of the show on a background of leaves which seemed to go so well with my tags of recent weeks. I added leaves in various colours ranging from the fresh yellow-green of Spring,  through to a snowflake covered leaf of winter (cut from an old Christmas card).   One leaf is cut from the Four Seasons sheet music!
I have trimmed the tag with some hand embroidered antique broderie anglaise and some braid to echo the trims of the costumes. There is a tie of black and white ribbon which looked a little like musical notes.
I made my tag and started writing this post on Tuesday, but when I was selecting the photographs I realised I wasn’t happy with it and started again this afternoon.  My tag is now eight layers deep in places!  But I think I am happy with it now!
Thank you for looking
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment