Wednesday 28 November 2012

BROWN & SEPIA TAGS



For my first tag I took tiny snippets from my brown fabric box,  and stitched them to a fabric tag to make a little sampler of  machine and hand embroidery stitches.  I have added an odd earring and a flower from an old embroidered jumper.  The edge is finished with buttonhole stitch in variegated brown thread.    I enjoyed stitching this tag because the various bits hold such memories! 
 I have photographed my tags against the sepia-coloured silk from a Victorian embroidered parasol.  This was too beautiful to make into a tag, but I am so grateful for the opportunity of rediscovering it in my box of browns.  
 Creepier Sepia!
My second tag was made a few weeks ago using my rusty tie-dyed calico.  This piece looked like a spider’s web; all it needed was a spider!   This one is definitely Brown Bread (Dead)! Unfortunately he is a bit shrivelled up now!   I am a bit of an arachnophobe and this is the closest I have ever been to a spider!   I know friends from hot countries will think this is a pathetic specimen, but he’s big enough for me!
On the back of the tag are some leaves die-cut from the same fabric.
Thank you for looking,
Cheerio for now, Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment