Tuesday 11 September 2012

TAG TUESDAY - AUTUMN FRUITS & BERRIES



It is harvest time for raspberries at the allotment at the moment and, after a slow start, it seems to be a good season.  This year for the first time I am making Raspberry Wine. I have also made Raspberry Tags.
I used watercolour paper for my tags.  On the first I painted around the edge of the tag with raspberry juice using a raspberry as a sponge/brush. On top of this I have put the instructions for making Raspberry Wine. 
On the other side there is a list of ingredients and a fruit teabag envelope.  I put the teabag in the wine! 
 I will keep the sachet of yeast in the envelope till I need it.
The other tag has been soaked in raspberry juice overnight then left to dry in the sun. It still has bits of dried raspberry on it.  I am using this tag to make notes of any changes I make to the recipe, because I never follow a recipe exactly.  I’ll include dates, etc. so that if this turns out to be wonderful wine I’ll know how to make it again.
Both tags are tied with a raspberry pink ribbon and will be tied to the neck of the demijohn when I do the next stage tomorrow. 
  Cheers!
Bye for now,
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment