Thursday 2 August 2012

TAG TUESDAY - MERMAIDS

My tag this week takes you on a journey to another dimension.  Dive into an ocean of dreams and swim through the portal that will take you to the world  where  mermaids roam free.   Sometimes we get glimpses of other worlds, times and places and in the same way this tag gives a glimpse of another world.  To start with you cannot  see much more than the shimmer of water.   As you turn over organza overlays, more and more of the mermaid’s world becomes reality. Alternate layers of blue and green organza shimmer and glisten as each overlay gives way to reveal more of the world of mermaids. 
 
Turn the tag over and another mermaid comes into view. The mermaids remain incomplete, keeping the secret of their existence far below the waves.
  
The base tag is craft vylene, coloured with silk paints.  There are 4 layers of organza folded and stitched to the top of the tag. Some layers of organza are cut on the bias and some on the straight grain which is what makes the layers shimmer and move with changes in the light.  The mermaids are made using glitter glue, shells, and  sequins.  The tail on the second one came from an old Ariel Barbie; she had no head or arms either!
The background has bubbles made from sequins and glass.    
The tag is finished with coordinating ribbons and threads. 
  The tag is photographed against one of  the July pages of my Tag Book (volume 2)
Here are all my July pages, I hope you like them. 
One last thing!
Just had to share this with you - I'm defrosting my freezer today  and this piece of ice is the last to disappear.  Could it be an Ice Mermaid?
Sorry this was such a long post I had trouble deciding what pics to include, they were all so pretty.  I have loved the themes this month.  I think I'm a bit of a water baby myself!  Can't wait to see all your mermaids, see you all later.  love Jane xx
0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment