Wednesday 20 June 2012

TAG TUESDAY - GREEN


For my Green Tag this week, I have used a copy of some calligraphy I did previously.   The poem, Jasmine, is part of the oriental romance Lalla Rookh by Thomas Moore, published in 1817.
For the original artwork which is A4 size I made the variegated writing by using various shades of green watercolour.  It is decorated with sprigs of Jasmine. 
I mounted my small copy onto green card, and then made a tassel using co-ordinating green threads all finished with green beads of various shapes and sizes. 
Here I have photographed my tag against some jasmine leaves, sadly it was not in bloom, but the shadows make beautiful shapes.
I found I had loads of ideas on this theme.  I got quite carried away with the idea of making a ‘green man’, but I have decided to make this into a bigger embroidery project over the next few weeks / months.  

Bye for now
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment