Wednesday 9 May 2012

TAG TUESDAY - BAKING


Last week I included a picture of The Tailor of Gloucester with my SEWING tag.  This week I have carried on the Beatrix Potter influence by having Samuel Whiskers as the Star of my BAKING tag!  
  
In the story, Samuel Whiskers gets a rolling pin from the kitchen and together with his wife Anna Maria, who has fetched as much dough as she could carry; they set about making a roly-poly pudding with Tom Kitten as the filling. 


On one side of the tag are two pictures of Samuel Whiskers with his rolling pin, on top of a recipe for roly-poly puddings.  I notice ‘kitten filling’ was not listed among the variations to the recipe!



On the other side of the tag I wrote out the title of the story together with an excerpt from the book and a picture of Tom Kitten rolled up in the dough.
I have used calico as the base of the tag, with a tie of string, both of which are used to wrap up a pudding before steaming.
I couldn’t decide which images to use, so decided to include several, and to use the whole length of the recipe, hence my tag is rather long!
 

2 comments:

  1. What lovely use of the stories. Very cute wee mice. Yummy pudding :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jane,
    I luv Beatrix Potter -- your tag is amazing !
    Thanks for sharing, Ü
    Barb

    ReplyDelete