Friday 17 February 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY- TAG TUESDAY



A St. Valentine’s Day Proposal .....


My Valentine's Day theme tag is actually a set of five tags carrying on from my Daisy heart last week.   They have a vintage feel in shades of white, cream and gold. Following Carolyn’s example last week, I have been experimenting with wax; I’m so glad I did, thank you Carolyn for your inspiration.
The first tag is a heart of gold flowers on white lace which was going to be a ‘heart of gold’ for last week’s heart theme.  This idea fell by the wayside as I got hooked on the daisies idea.  I stuck a double paper daisy in the middle of the heart with a small gold heart as the daisy centre.  The words ‘Will you marry me?’ are cut out underneath.

On the second tag I have printed the words of ‘Daisy, Daisy’ onto a sheet of parchment, which I then embossed with a few flowers.  

  
You can just see through the parchment to the next tag which is the sheet music of ‘Daisy, Daisy’.  I dipped this tag in wax then stitched lace along the top and bottom. 

The fourth tag is a handmade envelope, made with cream paper embossed with flowers and leaves. There is a tiny paper daisy on the back.  This is the envelope for Daisy’s reply... does she say ‘Yes’ or ‘On yer Bike?’

The fifth tag is made with matching embossed paper, with a paper daisy and photo of a couple on a vintage tandem. I dipped the photo and flower in wax which gave them a lovely translucent quality. The tag also has Daisy’s answer ...'Yes with love Daisy xx'

Here are the five tags before they are fastened together with cream and white ribbons.
Well done to all of you for all your wonderful tags, thank you for your inspiration.  Have a great week,
Love and best wishes, Jane xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, I have just nominated you for a liebster Blog award
    Cant find your email address to send you the info but you can read it on my blog post today :)
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane wanted to come back and tell you how lovely your tag is, I love your 'daisy' theme and your work is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there will be more daisies this week! I've been updating my blog all day, hope to get around to seeing everyone's tags tonight.
      Jane xx

      Delete
    2. Oh my, these are just incredible! They reminded me that I used to sing this song at the top of my voice, cycling around at the crack of dawn, doing my paper round. Thank you for the memories :0))

      Delete