Wednesday 15 January 2014

A NEW START FOR A NEW YEAR



I know it’s a bit late but Happy New Year to everyone!  I haven't posted on my blog for ages, I've just been too busy making and doing to stop and write about it. But the New Year is a good opportunity for a New Start, and to get back to sharing my creativity.


To make up for lost time, here's a taste of what I've been creating in the last six months:

Dorset Arts & Crafts Association Exhibition



In the Calligraphy section I made a poster for next year's show, I also entered my Calligraphy Abecedary Tag Book. and three older pieces.





Gathering the Harvest

The thing I most enjoy growing is pumpkins



Decorated pumpkins.




These decorated pumpkins led to a Coffee Morning in aid of Cancer Research.

I learned how to do iris-folding just before the Christmas rush.  Instead of paper, here I used silk, satin and metallic ribbons






And that just about brings me up to date.  I am now thinking about new projects, working more with the seasons and the rhythms of nature.  I am bursting with ideas and look forward to sharing them with you.




Bye for now

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment